In this how to I will show you how to install the Synology drive client on mac. I am assuming you have already setup the Synology drive package. If you haven’t, follow my guide here.
- Head to this link to download the mac dmg package for drive. Alternatively, go to the Synology downloads page and select your NAS, then select Desktop Utilities.
- Double click the installer to begin
- Select Continue for the three following screens
- Then select agree
- Now select install
- Enter your password
- You should then see an installation successful screen and a welcome screen. Click start now
- Enter your NAS details, you can use your local ip if you will always be connecting via your lan. However if you intend to use your drive out of the house it is best to use a domain name or your quickconnect id. Also enable ssl if you have one installed. If you don’t, you can learn how to add one here.
- Unless you would like to change the location of the sync folder on your mac, select next
- Select weather you would like to sync files that have been shared with you
- Now your ready to go
- Your files will now begin synchronising.
- You can monitor the progress with the Drive icon in the notification area in the top right corner.
Share one mouse and keyboard between multiple computers
How To Setup Synology Diskstation
Synergy is a software download that shares one mouse and one keyboard between multiple computers. Simply move your mouse between your computers effortlessly. You can even copy and paste between computers. Synergy works on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Raspberry Pi. You only need a regular Ethernet or WiFi network connection, and no special hardware. It works like magic.
Summer Sale now on, use promo code SUMMER19 for 15% off all personal licenses.
- DiskStation Manager (DSM) is an intuitive web-based operating system for every Synology NAS, designed to help you manage your digital assets across home and office. Easily access your files from computers and mobile devices. Sync your files securely between multiple computers, servers, and public clouds.
- Get Roon installed on your local machine, mobile apps and audio devices. Downloadable software for Roon App, Roon Server, Roon Remote and Roon Bridge.
You can download Surveillance Station Client 1.1.2 for Mac from our software library for free. The latest setup package occupies 82.6 MB on disk. The actual developer of this free Mac application is Synology Inc. Our antivirus scan shows that this Mac download is safe. The software lies within System Tools, more precisely System Optimization.
Consult your Router/Server or start the “Synology Assistant” from “Portable Tools”. Enter the IP in your browser and follow the instructions. Select “manual installation” and navigate to the downloaded PAT file (If your hard drive is in the system, please format your hard drive before installing DSM). 1 Connect one end of the AC power adapter to the power port of your Synology NAS. Connect the other end to a power outlet. 2 Use the LAN cable to connect the Synology NAS to your switch, router, or hub. 3 Press the power button to turn on your Synology NAS. Your DS220j is now online and detectable from a network computer.
Declutter your desk
Say goodbye to unneeded keyboards, mice and tangled wires.
Unlock copy and paste across all your computers.
Synology Mac App
Safe and secure
Worry-free SSL/TLS enterprise-grade security over your local network.
Make it your own
Advanced settings for network, hotkeys, layout, security and diagnostics.
Synology Drive Download
Who loves Synergy?
We are hiring!
Symless is on the hunt for talented software developers to build the next major version of Synergy.
The next version is being built from the ground up by combining the latest technologies, Node.js and React, with the rock-solid stability of C++.
The Synergy team are investing in a UX Design first approach, so we can build a great product that will delight our customers.
Behind the Scenes
Symless, the company behind Synergy
Symless is the company behind Synergy. We make using multiple devices seamless and effortless. Our long-term goal is to make new apps for people who have multiple computers, but right now we’re focusing all our energy on making Synergy even better.